Peterborough United 2-3 Rovers – Match Review

Rovers made it 5 league wins in a row with a great 3-2 win away to Peterborough United.

A comeback inspired by a Rovers’ trio of Bradley Dack, Dominic Samuel and Marcus Antonsson – with the addition of Richie Smallwood – gave Rovers a great win.

Rovers began the game on top, with Bradley Dack and Dominic Samuel both coming close.

However, it was the home side who took the lead. An inswinging corner was headed home by an unmarked Steven Taylor.

This pushed the Posh on and they grew into the game, with Gwion Edwards and Marcus Maddison both coming close.

The home side continued to grow into the game until the break.

Willem Tomlinson came on for Corry Evans at the break, with the latter picking up an injury after originally coming on for Peter Whittingham.

After the break, Rovers came into their own, and it only took them 3 minutes to level the game.

Dack’s corner was flicked on by a Rovers body and Mulgrew was there at the back post to bundle the ball home.

The goal kicked Rovers into life, and 4 minutes later they were ahead with a counter-attacking masterclass.

Mowbray’s men burst forward and went 3 vs 1. Smallwood perfectly teed up Bradley Dack and the attacking midfielder made no mistake – sending the away fans into raptures.

Rovers made it 3 after 58 minutes. From our own corner flag, Rovers went up the other end and Samuel played a great ball through to Antonsson, who teed up Dack for his second of the game and Rovers’ third.

Rovers continued to hold out but were finally broken in injury time. A Posh corner was knocked on by Jones and top scorer Marriott was there to tap home.

The action wasn’t over as Baldwin brought down Dack on the counter-attack and was shown a second yellow.

Rovers managed to hold on and secure their fifth win in a row.

The victory was a great example of Rovers’ counter-attacking threat and their ability to come back.

Rovers have now recorded 5 straight league wins in a row for the first time since 2000.

Rovers’ next game is the FA Cup second round replay away to Crewe Alexandra.

Thanks for reading.